In the warm summer weather, most of us like to get outside and spend time together. In doing so mosquitoes and ticks can play a terrible roll in our outside activities.
They can ruin our day and take all the fun out of it. There are bees that can sting or bite us we don’t want that. There are other bugs that can aggravate us like spiders and ants.
None of us like any of those things but the ones that might be the most aggravating would be mosquitoes and ticks.
Why because some of them carry viruses and diseases. Some of the bacteria that carried by them are very dangerous and can be deadly.
- Mosquito bites carry different viruses like West Nile, Zika, Malaria, Dengue, Yellow Fever, and Encephalitis.
- Ticks carry other viruses like Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme disease, Rickettsia, Relapsing fever, and Typhus.
How to protect ourselves from Mosquito and Tick bites?
So if we are going to be outside this summer we are going to have to protect ourselves from mosquitoes and ticks.
These are a few steps we can take to do that…
- One of the best things we can do is to cover up with long shirts, pants, and socks.
- When we can’t cover up then we have to use bug repellent that is put on our skin and clothing.
- This may not keep all the insects off you or your clothes after being outside. So when you come back inside throw your clothes in the dryer for a few minutes. This will kill whatever is on them.
- The next thing you can do is to check and make sure everybody is tick free.
- Another thing that might help if you are camping and have use of a tent try to stay in the tent as much as possible if not using a campfire. Especially if you are in a mosquito-prone area.
- You can make your homemade mosquito spray to learn how to click here.
What can you do at home?
Around the house, you may be infested we mosquito and ticks. What are some of the things you can do to reduce the chance of getting them on you?
- If you have trees around your home try to keep the lower limbs trimmed and sprayed with insect repellent.
- Spray any bushes and flowers with bug repellent.
- Spray the yard with repellent.
- If there is any water or damp areas around your home remove them and dry them up.
- Plant lemon grass and mosquito plants which will help repel mosquitoes.
Reason for this Article
Everybody needs to be safe when they are doing outdoor activities. We have no control over nature and the conditions of the weather we have to learn to endure.
Doing the simple things that we love to do when being outdoors sharing the environment and natures creatures. It’s their environment so that’s where they have to live so we have to adapt to them.
The thing is they can be dangerous if we don’t protect ourselves and learn to live with them safely. That’s where livegreaterhealth.com comes into play by giving the information to help protect people.
We’ve come to the end of this post here at livegreaterhealth.com/how-to-prevent-mosquito-and-tick-bites. Hoping that we have given some helpful information when it comes to being safer when out and about this summer. Do not take it for granted this is a serious topic and should be looked upon as something that should be accounted for every time you are outside. If there is anything that you would like a little more help with drop us a line below in the comment section and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
To learn how to make a blog like this Click Here.