Stomach ulcers is said not to be caused by stress. Stress can play a role in the body becoming weak and unhealthy allowing bacteria to get in your body causing infection. Your body immune system weakens not getting the right nutrients from food.
My story about ulcers happened to me over 20 years ago when at the time was doing my everyday job in the business I was in at the time. I was a construction worker or to be more specific a builder. This is something I’d done at that time for about ten years.
One day I decided I wanted something different in my life. Wanted to know more about what I had always been interested in, electronics. I knew that was going to take some hard work and I had to figure out how I was going to feed my family.
Now as I think about this, it was the early 90’s and nothing online. The internet was just starting out using 3.5 and 5 inch floppy discs. What was available for me to take was a two year Robotics course full time.
So, to cut to the chase, I spent 6 to 7 hours a day at school driving 30 miles both ways and coming home resting 15 minutes and then going to my second duty a factory, on second shift and pull 8 hours. This lead to unhealthy eating habits I done for two years solid and had some illness on the way got diagnosed with an ulcer with lots of heartburn very unpleasant. My body had a lot of stress and I was drained after going through this.
This was the reasons my stomach got ulcers, a weakened immune system, and unhealthy lifestyle. This one thing can cause stomach ulcers putting body under to much strain and stress. How did I fix it ? Let’s find out what it is to start off with.
What are Ulcers?
Peptic ulcers are open sores in the lining of your stomach or the small intestine, this may be described as Peptic ulcer disease. How this happens is the pepsin or stomach acid that aids in digestion eats away at the layer of mucus that lines the stomach and intestines. Creating lesions or open sores, there may be bleeding involved with these.
There are two types of peptic ulcers.
- Gastric – these are peptic ulcers that occur in the stomach. Makes you feel sick when you eat.
- Duodenal – these are peptic ulcers that occur in the inside upper part of the small intestine called duodenum. If you feel good when you when you eat and bad in one or two hours.
Duodenal are ulcers you can get in the esophagus and mouth.
What causes Ulcers?
Doctors use to think that stress and diet caused ulcers, but after doing more studies they decided that bacteria is one of the common causes and another is over the counter medication.
- H. pylori bacteria (Helicobacter pylori) – 90% of ulcers are started by infection caused by this bacteria. Bacteria destroys the lining in the stomach and intestine letting the acid in and causing the lesions and open sores.
Now that we no how the bacteria helps inour body getting ulcers let’s look at a medication that aids with the process of ulcers.
- NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) – you’ve probably seen this before on pain relieving medicines like aspirins, ibuprofen, or naproxen. You see this drug does the same to our stomach lining as the bacteria, it over time destroys the lining. Letting the stomach acids eat away causing the ulcers.
- Heredity – People that has peptic ulcers usually has a family history of ulcers.
- Smoking – is more related to gastric ulcers and can make them worse.
Here are some of the symptoms that you may get when you have a ulcer.
- Abdominal pain – inflammation in the stomach and intestines
- Loss of appetite – this has to do with the pain that is felt after eating in the digestion stage causing people fearing to eat.
- Weight loss – this can be due to having to vomit from being sick at from the ulcer or not eating enough.
- Chest pain – why chest pain if the ulcer is in the stomach, because the pain from the inflammation in the stomach spreads to the chest and upper body.
- Gastritis – covers a lot of conditions, but basically it’s the inflammation of the stomach
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bloating – feeling bloating even though your not gaining weight
- Feeling hungry even after eating
- excessive gas – bleching and burping even if you having eat
These are not all of the symptoms you might have it varies from person to person.
Treatments for Ulcers
Several treatments are available and can be done is the case of peptic ulcers.
Where we avoid this things most of them will just have to be cut back on.
- antacids – will help reduce your symptoms
- cut back on or avoid coffee or carbonated drinks – drinking coffee is acidic and will bother the stomach with ulcers.
- cut back on avoid spicy foods – usually makes you feel worse after eating
- avoid alcohol – irritates the stomach lining at all times.
- Eat plenty of fiber – fiber makes the digestive system work according to the way it is supposed to.
- avoid smoking – people who smoke are twice as likely to get ulcers
- don’t take aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – can cause the symptoms to become worse.
If you didn’t see the treatment you were looking for, it maybe will be added later or check one of the other links we have.
Natural Home Cures
Since we know the main cause of stomach ulcers is the bacteria (H. pylori).
We don’t want to just treat what symptoms we have even though that sounds great.
We actually want to go straight to the main cause (H. pylori) and cure it altogether.
If we treat the bacteria then we can stop the ulcers from getting worse and start the healing process, which inturn cures the ulcers.
Herbs can be used without any serious side effects.
Chamomile – has anti-bacterial properties and soothes the whole digestive system.
Comfrey – it’s properties covers the ulcers for healing purposes.
DGL Licorice – has anti-bacterial properties and helps the stomach produce mucus to coat the lining of the stomach.
Slippery Elm – is a 85% mucilage and when taken in a tea or powder form coats the stomach wall with mucosa.
Yarrow – has anti-microbial properties, which will kill the bacteria.
Vitamins and minerals can be used.
A, B, C, and Z are mostly anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and help with the strengthening of the stomach lining.
LemonKind SUPER DETOX ME Metabolism Booster 3 Day Cleanse
In ending this article livegreaterhealth wants be sure that you get enough information to help you make a difference in any condition you have. We add more content ocassionally to our article so be sure to check back often not to miss out. Sign up to our newsletter to be sure to get our new material when it becomes available. For more information on any topic on this website, just leave a message below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible usually the same day.
To learn to build a blog like this Click Here