What do you, no about Dementia and the brain? Most people know very little, that’s why we’re here. What are some of the questions, that you would like to ask about it? How does it start? What causes it? How do we treat it? Can it be cured? Can it be reversed? There are many questions a person would ask, if they had to deal with the effects of dementia, with a family member. Consequently, I haven’t had to go through it, but maybe with distant relatives, that’s all. I know, some people that is going through it. It is really a terrible and sad situation. Here, at livegreaterhealth.com/dementia, we are going to try to answer a few of the questions, about it. Dementia gets worse over time, so they are working hard for a cure.
What is Dementia
Dementia is a wide range of brain diseases, that effect the ability to think and remember, the way, that we should. It, is a long term illness, that gets worse over time. It, can effect, the way, we do things, including emotional and motivational problems, along with our language. There are different types of dementia, that we are going to study, and talk about, since we know what dementia is. At the bottom of this post, is a Dementia screening video, feel free to watch.
Dementia (the cause)
Here is what we know about the causes…….
Dementia is damaged nerve cells in the brain and depending on the area of the brain, it may affect people differently. There are different types that are grouped to what they have in common. Some dementia are caused by side effects of medications or lack of certain vitamins. These types, might be reversed, or improved by, different treatments.
All in all, anything, that can cause, damage to nerve and brain cells, is a type.
I could go on about the causes, but basically it is brain ailment that usually doesn’t improve. It causes, your life to change, by having to have help, doing some daily activities.
This are from the most common to the least common…..
- Alzheimer’s disease – If you have ever heard anything about it, you know that, it is loss of memory and the perceptive ability to do normal things. Alzheimer s is irreversible disease that gets worse over time, dew to brain cells, being damaged and destroyed. It effects our reasoning skills and our ability to think properly. Alzheimer s is the most common type of dementia, leading to, about 65 to 75 percent of all dementia patients and some suggest that it might even be higher.
- Vascular dementia – This is a little bit different from the other types of dementia, While maybe it’s not, in a way, because it starts in the brain area, where we store and retrieve information. Usually, can happens after a stroke, that blocks the blood vessels from carrying oxygen and certain nutrients to parts of the brain. Some symptoms are similar to Alzheimer, in that it effects thinking and cognitive ability, by cutting the blood flow to certain parts of the brain. Vascular dementia, is the second most common type of dementia, following Alzheimers.
- Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) – Affects the nervous system by protein build-up in the brain. People who have lewy body, experience difficulty in alertness, and hard time keeping focused. Many will experience seeing things or hallucinations. With lewy body, you may have symptoms of Parkinson’s disease that causes movement disorders.
- Mixed dementia – Is more than one type mixed together with different symptoms. Studies have been done, people’s brains, having more than one type of dementia. It has been shown people having Alzheimer and vascular dementia together and also lewy body.
- Parkinson’s disease – a degenerative disease of the nervous system, that mostly effects, the motor skills of a person. Causing shaking or jerking of the body, making it difficult to walk, stand, or do daily activities. Dementia plays a role by causing memory and thought processing, but mostly later in the stage of Parkinson disease.
Now, that we know what it is, and some of the causes, lets talk about, some of the symptoms, which will vary depending on type that you have. Most have the symptoms………….
- Memory loss – starting forgetting, not being able to remember, certain task that you do every day and continues to decline
- Confusion – simple things, that start become confusing, not knowing your where your are
- Difficulty communicating – making it hard to carry on a conversation or thinking what to say
- Anxiousness – thinking that you have dementia when you have no signs of it, being agitated with anxiousness
- Paranoia – may lose sense of reality, delusional, suspicious of others, agitated, or with physical aggression
- Short attention span – having difficult concentrating for a certain amount of time
- Depression – a feeling of worthlessness, being sad, down on everything, and feeling of uselessness.
- Fetal Stem Cell – administered under the skin, as it then travels thru the body, looking for damaged cells, and tissues, attempting to repair them. As a result, contacting normal cells and boosting them. Helping them perform better.
- Medication – using medications to control the symptoms, whatever they might be.
- Psychotherapy – using a behavioral approach, by trying to identify what is causing the problems, and then try to change the way that it starts. Whether decreasing the activities or breaking it down in into steps that make it easier for them.
- Environment – Changing the environment of a patient might help, by easing the aggression to a particular subject.
Natural Things (to do)
To Do – exercise to keep the body healthy
Take supplements and Vitamins puritan.com/vitamins
- Vitamin A, B, C, D, E
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Ginkgo biloba
- Low-fat diet
- reduce caffeine
- reduce stress
- avoid alcohol
In addition to all these vitamins given our bodies support, most of all, will help boost our immune system. If we are serious about our health, we are going to do, what we can now, to help ourselves in the future. There are many places where you can purchase supplements, I put a link up above for one of the brands I think has higher quality products, with the best prices.
Dementia screening video
Dementia covers many types of diseases, we didn’t cover all of them, just the most common ones.
Getting this information out to all people, this is our goal, here at livegreaterhealth.com, also, the more we know and understand about this disease the more, we will be able to prevent it, and also care for it. The sooner it is known about, the better are chances of prevention and survival.
These health topics are designed to inform and help the people that may have a sickness or disease. We want you to tell us what you need or want to know about by leaving us a comment below.
To learn to build a blog like this Click Here