What is Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer, that develops, from the thin layer of tissue, that covers many of the internal organs (that is called mesothelium). The most common area affected is, the lining of the lungs and chest wall. … 75% or more of cases, are caused, by exposure to asbestos, but they may be others also. Here at livegreaterhealth.com/mesothelioma we want you, to know about them.
The sooner diagnosed, the better the chances are, for survival. Our goal is to keep good lung health.
What are the Symptoms
- shortness of breath
- persistent cough
- chest pain
- weight loss
- loss of appetite
- stomach pains
- ascites(fluid buildups)
- dry cough or wheezing
- fever or night sweats
- muscle weakness
It’s nearly impossible, to recognize the symptoms early in development, because, it doesn’t produce early symptoms.
You usually, already have mesothelioma, when you get the symptoms.
What are the Causes
Most of the main causes, is the inhalation, ingesting, and exposure, to asbestos fibers, that attacks the mesothelium, a protective membrane, that surrounds and blankets many organs, within the body.
This disease, has been studied, for quiet some time now. The medical studies found that the main reason was asbestos.
It has been found, that asbestos, is the leading cause of mesothelioma
Recent studies, has shown, that the cases in the U.S., has leveled off, but in Europe, the cases has risen.
Many were exposed to it through jobs, where they inhaled it.
Some people was exposed to it, in household environments, without knowing.
Can, you get it genetically? Yes, studies have shown, that genetics can be a cause, by mutated genes especially, if someone in your family has it, then your risks are greater.
What are the Types
- Pleural Mesothelioma (Lungs) : It attacks the lungs, and is, the most common form diagnosed.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma (Heart) : It attacks, the heart, which is the most rarest form.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma (Abdomen) : It attacks, the abdomen organs, and is, aggressive.
How to test for Mesothelioma
- Fluid and Tissue Test : A build up of fluid, could be, a sign of mesothelioma
- Imaging Testing : (MRI) Magnetic Resonance Imaging, (PET) Positron Emmission Tomography, (CT) Computed Tomography
- Different Biopsies : Inserting a needle and taking a small, tissue sample, and surgical, where, they have to take a bigger piece of tissue.
- Light Scoping : Laparoscopy examines the abdomen, Mediastinoscopy examines around the heart and the center of chest, Thoracoscopy examines the chest and between lungs by using a lighted scope put in small incision.
What are the Treatments
The treatments depend also, on what stage, your cancer, is in, and the size of the tumor. It depends, on a person’s health, as well, and age plays a part to. It also, depends on whether you have had the cancer before or not. Let’s not forget the type of cells found to whether they were malignant or benign.
Three major treatments are done…..
- Surgery : If the tumor can be removed or even if some of it can be removed
- Radiation : It can be administered two ways either internally by injecting medicine in the cells or externally by using radiation pointed at the cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy : May even harder on your body by using medicine to be put into your body were the cancer is or in the veins where it will get in the bloodstream or by mouth.
These treatments, in most cases, would use at least two of the three of them and possibly all three.
They’re no way to determine which is the best treatment it depends on many factors your doctors will decide that for you.
Free book survivingmesothelioma.com
Why I wrote this Article
This article is inspired by all the cancers that are attacking people today. It’s a newer type, that hasn’t had as many studies done on it, as most of them, and my will to get as much information out on it as soon as I can. I know that if your family has been affected by this disease it matters to you. I want to help this people and this is one way I can.
Our website posts, are strictly, just to give, as much health information as we can, to everybody that will listen.
I do hope most of all, that this site is relevant to somebody somewhere that has read it and has been helped in some way.
These health topics are designed to inform and help the people that may have or know someone that may have a sickness or disease. We want you to tell us what you need or want to know about by leaving us a comment below.
To learn to build a blog like this Click Here